Prayers, presence, gifts, and service
: Has a nice sound to it, doesn't it? The phrase just rolls off the tongue . . .
but within those words is a guide for stepping into a life that's beyond what we could ask for or imagine. It's not one of "have-to's" or "should's." Instead, it is one of great freedom, promise, and reward, one that will ultimately satisfy the thirst in our souls like nothing else.
--Adapted from Treasures of the Transformed Life
by John Ed Mathison
More Than a Stewardship Program
A personal and congregational development course…with increased giving as one result.
is a step-by-step stewardship program that engages your entire congregation in reading John Ed Mathison’s forty-day study book, Treasures of the Transformed Life
, and applying its wisdom to all areas of life, with expanded giving as a result.
This innovative approach to an annual stewardship campaign involves six weeks of synchronized church-wide focus on spiritual growth and emphasizes increased giving as a response to deepening faith. Congregations of any size can use this program.
The Commitment Card is used at the culminating Commitment Sunday. The back of the card is blank for stamping, self adhesive labels, or other office use.
Other Components of Transformed Giving Available Separately:
- Treasures of the Transformed Life (forty-day reading book). Order one copy for each adult in the congregation for the synchronized experience of growing in faith together through the six-week program.
- Participant's Workbook to use with Treasures of the Transformed Life for a six-week community-building small group study during the stewardship campaign. The Participant's Workbook contains the group discussion starters so that leadership can be shared among the group participants.
- Leader's Guide & DVD for small group study. Same text as the Participant's Workbook plus the DVD which contains a 6-8 minute introduction for each of the six weekly themes.
- Commitment Card
- RESOURCE KIT: Contains one each:
- Treasures of the Transformed Life by John Ed Mathison
- Participant's Workbook
- Leader's Guide & DVD
- Campaign Handbook
- Campaign Media Folder (Training DVD & Toolkit CD-ROM)
- CAMPAIGN KIT: Contains one each:
- Campaign Handbook: Step-by-step directions that make it easy for any stewardship chair or leader to know when, what, and how to conduct the stewardship campaign.
- Campaign Media DVD and CD-ROM: A training DVD with segments specifically for the Pastor and for the stewardship committee. A toolkit CD-ROM containing editable sermons that pastors can customize to amplify the themes that the congregation is studying and templates for creating communication pieces (bulletin inserts, posters, newsletters, letters, etc).