DISCIPLE: Into the Word into the World
is the second study in the four-phase Disciple program. It is a 32-week study that offers a deeper examination of Genesis, Exodus, Luke, and Acts, emphasizing the rhythm of coming to God and going for God . . . approaching all experiences of life as opportunities for faithful witness and service.
The Planning Kit contains everything a leader needs:
- Study Manual - Guides group members in their study and preparation for the weekly group session. The study manual also includes suggestions for individual research and study-related activities. Space is provided for taking notes while reading Scripture, for recording thoughts and questions arising out of daily study, and for notes during the weekly group session.
- Teacher Helps - Provides an outline for an orientation session and process suggestions for each of the weekly group sessions. Weekly group sessions follow a set pattern with designated amounts of time for each step. Suggestions for group activity are specific and clearly related to the Scripture being studied. A one-page teaching plan is provided.
- DVD - Thirty– two video segments approximately ten minutes each. Shown at the beginning of the weekly meeting, the video focuses the group and stimulates discussion.
- Basic Resource Library - Library includes Genesis and Exodus, The Common English Bible: Bible Dictionary, NDSB Gospel Of Luke, NDSB Acts Of The Apostles, Oxford Bible Atlas, Jews And Christians A Troubled Family, and Assignment Sheets that will be used weekly by group members for reading, study, and research.
- Black and White Canvas Logo Bag with Handles and Zipper
DISCIPLE is a program of disciplined Bible study aimed at developing strong Christian leaders. The study gives the Old and New Testaments equal time, emphasizing the wholeness of the Bible as a revelation of God. DISCIPLE draws upon the work of scholars, the personal Bible reading and study of the participant, and dynamic group discussion to aid understanding of the Bible.