Why is it that so many people:
- Grow in love for God (supposedly) yet it does not translate into an increased love for others;
- Remain stuck in their ability to resolve conflicts maturely;
- Listen to sermons and read the Bible but remain defensive, judgmental, and unapproachable;
- Make negative assumptions about people without checking them out;
- Do not speak clearly, respectfully, and honestly to others;
- Are poor listeners;
- Fail to model a quality of love significantly different than the world around us?
Jesus taught that 2 great commandments summarize the whole of Scripture --"to love the Lord your God with all your heart and to love your neighbor as yourself." For this reason, emotionally healthy spirituality offers not one but two core discipleship Courses: The EHS Course to deeply change your relationship with God, and The EH Relationships Course to deeply change your relationships with others.
Developed over a 20-year period by Pete and Geri Scazzero, The EH Relationships Course addresses this severe disconnect in our spirituality. Skills are necessary if we are to grow into emotionally/spiritually mature adults who love others well. This powerful 8-week Course (workbook sold separately) will equip you with these tools to actually love people in difficult situations and mature into an adult follower of Jesus.
These eight skills, or tools, are:
- Community Temperature Reading (CTR) -- to become aware of your God-given value and build healthy relationships with others
- Stop Mind Reading & Clarify Expectations -- to clarify what another person is thinking rather than make assumptions
- Genogram Your Family -- to become aware of unhealthy patterns in your family of origin that hinder emotional and spiritual growth
- Explore the Iceberg -- to become aware of your emotions to better discern God's will
- Incarnational Listening -- to listen at a heart level with empathy, like Christ, to another person
- Climb the Ladder of Integrity -- to clarify your values by processing your thoughts and feelings and to assert yourself respectfully
- Clean Fighting -- to resolve conflict maturely and take responsibility for difficult issues
Take this Course. And get ready for God to change you, and your relationships, in life-giving ways far beyond anything you could have imagined
Designed for use with the Emotionally Healthy Relationships Workbook (sold separately).