This book will take you deeper
The NRSV Guidebook is meant for you: students who want to know what's really in the Bible and how to live it out. No spoon-fed or superficial answers here. Instead, The Guidebook is packed with only the most relevant features to address the real questions you have, honestly and head-on. Whether you're searching for answers, a follower of Jesus, or somewhere in between, this Bible will help you find your place in the story of God-- a story that changes everything.
The Guidebook includes over 700 articles to help you:
- Study it. Background information on people, traditions, and cultures puts difficult passages in context, making scripture easier to understand.
- Connect it. True stories of people and organizations engaged in the fight against injustice illustrate how the Bible's message is changing the world.
- Pray it. Helpful tips on how to use the Bible for prayer will jump-start your conversation with God.
- Live it. Apply God's word to real-life situations with personal reflection questions and practical exercises
Renowned for its beautiful balance of scholarship and readability, the NRSV faithfully serves the church in personal spiritual formation, in the liturgy, and in the academy. The foremost Bible translation vetted by Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox, Evangelical, and Jewish scholars invites you to deeply explore Scripture.
- The text of the New Revised Standard Version (Protestant canon), vetted by an ecumenical pool of Christian academics and renowned for its beautiful balance of scholarship and readability
- Introductions to all the books of the Bible and each major section of scripture
- A timeline and overview of biblical history
- Guidance for memorizing and interpreting scripture
- Indexes for referencing important people, events, Jesus' teachings, and life issues
- A glossary of terms and concordance for finding key verses
- Charts and full-color maps