Why do Catholics confess their sins? What does Jesus' second coming mean? How does someone, such as Mother Teresa, become a saint?
This guide answers these questions and more. This resource addresses the teachings, tradition, history, and theology of the Catholic Church. With this guide, you'll learn the foundations of the faith. Featuring explanations of:
- What the parts of the Mass mean
- Baptism, confirmation, and the other sacraments
- The priesthood and religious life today
- The life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ
- Mary's relationship with modern Catholics
- Sin, judgment, and salvation
This approachable book also highlights twenty-first-century issues and questions modern Catholics face, including gay marriage, abortion, and the death penalty. It's the ultimate guide to understanding Catholicism for readers of all backgrounds and faiths.