What Frustrates You in Ministry?
You probably began your ministry believing you'd make a kingdom difference. That dream may now seem elusive. Perhaps your journey has brought more frustration than happiness, and you wonder if it's time to move on, or out. Have you searched the Web for openings in other churches recently? Thought about selling insurance? Getting your Realtor's license?
Every church is different, and the situations you face are unique to your setting, but common threads are found in many churches. Using customized, commissioned research from the Barna Group and others, veteran pastor Charles Stone points to five potent killers in pastors' lives:
1. A head-in-the-sand mentality that denies problems
2. Emotional investment in the wrong issues
3. Unhealthy responses to ministry frustrations
4. A Lone Ranger attitude that says "God and I can handle this"
5. Attitudes and actions that lead to lonely, hurting spouses
Stone then uses his thirty years of pastoral experience to unpack these problems so you can regain real hope and energy to continue in your calling. No unrealistic advice or simplistic solutions. Just hard questions and straight answers that will lead to healing and restoration for you and your congregation.