Worship is not something that the church does, it is an encounter through which Christians are equipped to bring transformation to the world. This second volume in an important new series on worldwide Anglicanism draws on global contributions and examples to address the subject of liturgical formation: how liturgy forms Christians for participation in God’s work in the world, as well as the formation of Christians for worship and of those who lead worship.
Voices from the UK, Africa, the US, Canada, and the Philippines consider key aspects of liturgical formation in this essential new volume:
• connecting the liturgy with local contexts
• learning about God and ourselves through worship
• applying the liturgy to doing justice
• developing the role of music in liturgical formation
• training those who lead liturgical celebration…and more