Radio show host and Grammy-winning singer Yolanda Adams shares her story of the triumph of faith in her life and inspires readers to achieve it as well.
Filled with personal anecdotes and life-altering advice, POINTS OF POWER gives readers a real idea of how Yolanda experiences the power of God's ever-abundant grace and shows tangible ways her many fans can do the same in their life. Over five million listeners tune in to hear Yolanda Adams's "Points of Power," a segment in her daily radio show that inspires people by applying biblical truths to present-day realities. Now Yolanda transfers that winning segment into a reader's delight. She has created a highly accessible manual for daily living in which she shares stories from her and others' personal experiences, showing readers how to use the gospel's truth in their modern world and troubles. Yolanda gives readers the key to her success and personal triumph through failure and fame: her faith.
- Each chapter provides a short, thought-provoking story from real life followed by relevant Scriptures, questions for reflection, and "Points of Power" that sum up the lesson.
- The Yolanda Adams Morning Show airs weekdays in Houston, Washington, D.C., Norfolk, Charlotte, Indianapolis, Nashville, Richmond, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Columbus, Cleveland, Augusta, and Raleigh-Durham, NC. In Philadelphia, the show received higher ratings than all other urban competitors in the 19-34 age demographic.
- Yolanda's concerts include tours of up to 20 cities, and her radio tours include the same cities throughout the year. Cities scheduled for 2009 are Atlanta, Richmond, New York City, and Raleigh, NC, with more to come.
- Yolanda has won five Grammy Awards, four Gospel Music Association Dove Awards, seven NAACP Image Awards, one American Music Award, one Soul Train Music Award, and three BET Music Awards.
- Yolanda performed on Inauguration Day in 2009 at President Barack Obama's church service at St. Johns Church in Washington, D.C.