Singles, engaged couples, and newlywed swill find More Than a Match
an affirmation with a challenge: It does take more than a compatibility assessment to find happily ever after. Pastors, counselors, parents, and other influential people in couples' lives will find much to promote in this guide to loving well, and premarital classes, small groups, and church libraries will find it a refreshing and timely response to the current 3-step advice books that formulize love nd marriage.
With online matchmaking becoming a global phenomenon, many couples are coming to rely on the foundation of compatibility. The Smalleys stand out in the "compatibility sea" by sharing what a successful marriage is really made of: knowing how love works and applying that special knowledge.
In fact, the Smalleys say in this bright, encouraging book: Compatibility is largely a myth. More Than a Match
is about what couples really need to find love that lasts.
How should singles prepare themselves for the best possible relationship? What qualities should one search for in that special someone, and how does one know if that person is "The One"?
By exploring the five keys to true compatibility, the Smalleys demystify the search for Mr. or Mrs. Right, providing the secret "love skills" to good communication, resolving conflict, and healing a spouse's emotional pain. Readers will learn how to size up prospective dates and mates, how to tell if a relationship is right, and even get tips on breaking up with a minimum of problems if a relationship doesn't quite measure up.
Since great relationships aren't about being born
compatible, Michael and Amy show how to turn up the romance and develop a lifelong love affair in marriage. Love really can last forever, and this book shows you how.
In part one, the Smalleys reveal what makes a couple truly compatible, including how to get exactly the mate you want by developing your own "top ten list," how to break up, how to avoid the pitfalls of premarital sex, and how to overcome a sexual history.
In part two, the Smalleys discuss how to uncover your fear dance, why couples fight, how to find the "easy button" to marital harmony with personal responsibility, what to do when you've really messed up, how to hear your spouse's emotional pain and resolve any conflict with "drive-through method" to good communication, how to plan the perfect wedding, and the single greatest tip for a perfect honeymoon.
More Than a Match
is the ultimate marriage preparation book for the new generation of hopeful singles. Here they will find true love is possible with the timeless wisdom of loving well--the most important compatibility factor of all.
More Than a Match
uses the current online dating trend to say that the most important consideration for a happy marriage is not to find
compatibility but to create it
. Through consistent application of the "secret love skills," Michael and Amy Smalley show how to become more compatible with your spouse by continually improving and deepening the relationship. When we know how to love well, we become compatible
Now available for the exciting value price of $6.99.
Key Selling Points:
- NOW IN PAPERBACK: The complete hardcover, now more affordable.
- FRESH CONCEPT: Compatibility and shared interests are important, but matching self-assessments are not what one needs to make a great marriage. What really matters is knowing how to love well over time.
- ESTABLISHED NAME: Smalley is a trusted name when it comes to Christian marriage and family relationships. Michael and Amy bring fresh perspective for a new generation.
- UNIQUE HOOK: This is the one book that shows couples and singles what true compatibility is: people are not born compatible. We either know how to love well, or we don't. This book is a crash course on how to love well.
- SIMPLE, YET COMPREHENSIVE: In an approachable, conversational manner, Michael and Amy give stories from their own dating relationship and marriage to illustrate the complete set of essential tools for building lasting love.
- INSPIRING: Singles, engaged couples, and newlyweds will feel empowered by the simple, practical advice offered on each topic. Couples need not wonder, "Will our love die?" this book teaches how to love well during difficult times--and how to accept the differences and love even stronger.