Best-selling, award winning author Melody Carlson delivers the third and final book in the story of Maya Stark, the newest character in the popular Diary of a Teenage Girl series. What Matters Most
is sure to delight previous fans of the series as well as connect with teen girls. ages 12-17, who enjoy realistic fiction.
Description - Story Locale:
After escaping her dysfunctional life in Beverly Hills, Maya is finally getting her first taste of a "normal life" as a teenage girl in a public high school. But as usual, life is complicate, And Maya is complicated too. A gifted and gorgeous girl who cares about the environment, Maya continues to write her green column for her uncle's newspaper, and she's still doing the green spot on the local TV news. She also makes time for regular visits to her friend Marissa (who suffered a brain injury as a result of an accident while driving under the influence). All the while, Maya is attending high school, proving herself as an academic, making new friends and enemies. Although her old boyfriend Dominic still wants to date her, Maya continues meeting with her mentor, Caitlin O'Connor-Miller, and takes her dating advice seriously. But Maya still wants to be friends with Dominic--and discovers that playing music with him is healthier than make-out sessions. And when she and Dominic perform at open mike night at The Paradiso Cafe, she impresses popular music artist Chloe Miller and some new fun begins.
In the series finale, Maya is maturing as a Christian, facing new spiritual challenges, and trying to define herself and her faith. Maya is getting her first taste of a "normal" life as a teen in a public high school, but as usual, life is complicated. Maya makes friends and enemies and is faced with major life decisions as she attempts to follow God's direction for her life.
Key Selling Points:
- SERIES CONCLUSION: What Matters Most is the third of Maya's stories in the captivating Diary of a Teenage Girl series, following after A Not-So-Simple Life and It's a Green Thing.
- BEST-SELLING AUTHOR: With sales totaling over 2.5 million copies, Melody Carlson has an established audience with women and teens. Her Diary novels Becoming Me and I Do! have appeared on the CBA Young Adult bestsellers list.
- SUCCESSFUL: Carlson's Diary series has been her most popular and longest-running teen series.
- FAMILIAR CHARACTERS: Maya first appeared in Kim's Diary #3, Falling Up, so fans will be eager to see Maya's life play out in her own books. Also, readers will be happy to see Caitlin, Chloe, and Kim from previous books reprise their roles.
- ENCOURAGING: Today's teens have questions and the Diary of a Teenage Girl novels offer answers. Readers will feel inspired to take their faith to a whole new level and recognize the seriousness of making God-directed life decisions as Maya does.
- CURRENT: Maya has earth-friendly, green-girl values, so green tips have been woven into each chapter, which makes for a unique and timely bonus feature.