3 CDs and a behind-the-scenes DVD documentary
In his enduringly popular masterpiece, C.S. Lewis re-imagines Hell as a gruesome bureaucracy. With spiritual insight and wry wit, Lewis suggests that demons, laboring in a vast enterprise, have horribly recognizable human attributes: competition, greed, and totalitarian punishment. Avoiding their own painful torture as well as a desire to dominate are what drive demons to torment their "patients." The style and unique dark humor of The Screwtape Letters
are retained in this full-cast dramatization, as is the original setting of London during World War II. The story is carried by the senior demon Screwtape (Andy Serkis) as he shares correspondence to his apprentice demon Wormwood, Most of the 31 letters lead into dramatic scenes, set in either Hell or the real world with humans--aka "the patient," as the demons say, along with his circle of friends and family.
- Starring Andy Serkis ("Gollum" from The Lord of the Rings films).
- Also starring Geoffrey Palmer (Tomorrow Never Dies), Laura Michelle Kelly (Sweeney Todd), Eileen Page (The Secret Garden) and other world-class actors.
- DVD documentary shows you the making-of audio drama, with actor interviews and more.
- From the award-winning audio drama team that brought you Radio Theatre's Amazing Grace and The Chronicles of Narnia.
- Sound design incorporates Focus on the Family Radio Theatre's hallmark integration of multiple voices (utilizing some of Britain's best actors), custom music and sound effects.
- A feature film of The Screwtape Letters is in development with producer Ralph Winter (2012 release).