This eight-session small group Bible study, Life & Ministry of the Messiah, from noted teacher and historian, Ray Vander Laan, is volume three of the 12-part Faith Lessons series. In it, Vander Laan illustrates how Jesus call to follow him turned the world upside down.
Journey back to the time of Jesus. Marvel at the magnificence of Herod s palace. Scramble among the ruins of Qumran. And wonder at the simplicity and wisdom of Jesus parables. In the Life & Ministry of the Messiah, you and your group will discover how the events of Jesus day impacted his life, ministry and communication and then you ll learn how it affects yours.
Filmed on location in Israel, Faith Lessons is a unique video series that brings God's Word to life with astounding relevance. By weaving together the Bible's fascinating historical, cultural, religious, and geographical contexts, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan reveals unique insights into the Scriptures' significance for modern believers.
The Life & Ministry of the Messiah Discovery Guide (296 pages) includes eight sessions. Each lesson
- Focuses on passages of Scripture explored in the DVD
- Includes sidebars, maps, photos and other study tools
- Features questions that facilitate discussion and inspire personal reflection
- Includes 30 personal Bible studies to help you deepen your learning experience between sessions, and turn lessons from the past into applications that impact how you live out your faith today.
These illuminating "faith lessons" afford a new understanding of the Bible that will ground your convictions and transform your life. The Faith Lessons video series is ideal for use in small groups, personal and family Bible studies, and adult Sunday school. Individual believers and families will gain vital insights from long-ago times and cultures through this innovative approach to Bible study.
This Discovery Guide is designed for use with the Life & Ministry of the Messiah DVD (sold separately).
1. In the Shadow of Herod Herodion
2. My Rock and My Fortress Masada
3. The Time Had Fully Come Filmed in Qumran
4. No Greater Love Filmed in Korazin/Mount of Beatitudes
5. The Rabbi Filmed in Gamla
6. Language of Culture Flimed in Sepphoris
7. Misguided Faith Filmed in Belvoir
8. Living Water Filmed in En Gedi"