"The Duggars: 20 and Counting " is a behind-the-scenes look at the supersize family that fascinates millions of television viewers around the world. From Idaho to Istanbul, people want to know how Arkansas parents Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar efficiently and lovingly manage seventeen (soon to be eighteen) happy, homeschooled children without going into debt -- or losing their minds
This, the Duggars' first book, is an entertaining and enlightening collection of stories, photos, recipes, tips, traditions, and practical ideas designed to answer the questions of the curious, such as:
- Why do you have so many children?
- How do you provide for your family financially?
- How do you handle mealtimes? Transportation? Laundry? Birthdays?
- How are your children so well behaved?
- Why do all your children have names that begin with J?
Since their first documentary broke viewership records on the Discovery Health Channel, the Duggars have appeared in American and international news media, sharing their rock-solid faith and their overriding belief that "children are a blessing from God." In these pages, Jim Bob and Michelle share their story, beginning with their own childhoods. They reveal how their growing-up years shaped their philosophy of parenting. It continues with tales of their big, busy family, whose televised documentaries and frequent appearances in news shows and newspapers have created an international following.
The Duggars share, with humility and humor, the family routines and guidelines they've learned through biblical study and trial and error -- ideas that can help make your home a place of peace, love, and support:
- Financial lessons for debt-free living
- Organizing systems for a clutter-free home
- Homeschooling methods and schedules
- Training tips for little ones
- Relationship builders for older children
- Favorite Duggar family resources
Reading "The Duggars: 20 and Counting " is like visiting this big, busy family right in their home: fascinating, inspiring -- and fun.