Accept the Invitation…
Help the members of your congregation accept God’s invitation to a deeper relationship. As a church family, discover all the ways you can live and give in response to God’s extravagant love. The key to this study is the 40-day approach where individual reading and focus is incorporated into the community experience of your stewardship campaign.
In Irresistible Invitation, Maxie Dunnam shares his understanding of God’s desire for us, as Christians, to be the living embodiment of the Church’s invitation to the world.
To learn more about the overall program, visit our Irresistible Invitation web page, by clicking here.
Everything you need to plan your stewardship campaign, prepare for your small group studies, and begin your daily reading is in this program kit.
In the kit, you will find one of each:
- 40-day Reading Book – Everyone participating in the study, from older youth to adults, will need a copy of this book. Each Participant will take a few moments each day to read and reflect on that day’s passage.
- Participant’s Workbook – This workbook with its journaling space is the perfect companion to the 40-day Reading book. It gives each participant a place to write down their reflections on the reading and help them to better share their thoughts with their small group/Sunday school class.
- Leader’s Guide with DVD – With teacher helps and the DVD sessions lead by Dr. Dunnam, even your least experienced group leader will feel comfortable leading their group.
- Campaign Handbook – This resource makes it easy for your stewardship committee to plan a meaningful and successful stewardship campaign. It provides step-by-step instructions and schedules for planning and implementation. Not sold separately.
- Campaign Media Kit – This kit includes a DVD and CD-ROM, not sold separately. The DVD contains a Leadership Training video featuring Maxie talking with you and your stewardship committee about the blessings and challenges of running a successful campaign. Also, on the DVD are two short video segments that you can use to introduce the study to your congregation or place on your church’s website.
Along with the DVD, the Campaign Media Kit contains the CD-ROM Toolkit. This CD-ROM is designed to help your stewardship committee and administrative staff further extend the invitation with a variety of communication tools. There are templates for newsletter articles, bulletin inserts, posters, and much more. They can be printed as is or edited to meet your specific needs. Also, included on this disk are transcripts of sermons Dr. Dunnam created especially for Irresistible Invitation, which center on the weekly themes. As with the other printable materials on the disk, the sermons may also be modified to meet your needs.
- Commitment Card – A tool as simple as a commitment card can make a big difference in the success of your campaign. It provides a way for persons to pledge their commitment. Several Examples of commitment cards are provided on the CD-ROM Toolkit, but anyone not wanting to create and print their own can use these pre-printed Commitment Cards, available in packages of 100.
- Stickers – A Great way for your congregation to show their participation in the program: wearing a sticker each Sunday, much like they wear “I gave blood” or “I voted” stickers. The stickers also provide a meaningful touch to the envelopes sent out to your congregation with campaign information.
Accept your invitation today and start planning your 40-day campaign!