Take your group to a place where they can see people's needs in a new way? Where they can understand their calling ? Where they will learn how their faith can shape culture?
This six-session DVD and corresponding curriculum helps your group experience and envision how followers of Christ can be a counterculture for the common good. Together you'll experience stories of other believers who changed the culture around them. You'll watch how their journeys unfolded, their challenges, and their breakthroughs. Also included on the DVD are insights from trusted pastors and Christian leaders such as Tim Keller, Lauren Winner, James Meeks, Brenda Salter McNeil, and Ken Fong.
Sessions consist of:
1. Begin: God calls the church to be a counterculture for the common good
2. Dwell: When we live closely with others, we find new opportunities to minister
3. Unite: We serve more effectively and joyfully when we serve together
4. Reconcile: God wants to heal our racial and ethnic divisions, especially in and through his church
5. Invest: Transforming entire communities begins when we give ourselves to people one by one
6. Abide: Spiritual disciplines help us abide in Christ so we can serve him faithfully