A Practical Guide for Pastors and Lay Leaders
There is Not Only Help for the Hurting, but Whole Healing
Dr. Steven Dowdle offers "the Casas story"--how his church, Casa Adobe Baptist Church, discovered a model of integrative counseling that healed at every level--physically, emotionally, spiritually, and relationally.
Whether you are a pastoral counselor, a minister, a pastor, or even a lay person desiring to move in greater sensitivity, this unique and helpful book will bless you as it broadens your knowledge and awareness of counseling the whole person in new and meaningful ways.
- At deeper levels beneath the surface of people's innermost issues and deep-seated problems
- Beyond the natural to touch the spiritual, where god operates
- In Christ's power to break hidden bondages in counseling sessions
Discover How To:
- Recognize a minister to various personality types
- Motivate the hurting to actively be part of their own healings
Dr. Dowdle's powerful book offers not only help, but also healing, for the hurting people of today--whole healing that will give them a future with hope. About the Author
Dr. Steven L. Dowdle is a licensed psychologist and ordained minister. He has served Casas Adobe Baptist Church, a church of six thousand members, for twenty-seven years as an associate pastor and now as director of pastoral counseling. He guided the establishment of counseling and the prayer-spiritual warfare at Casa. Dr. Dowdle has four earned degrees from the University of Arizona, completing the EdD in counseling in 1977.