This comprehensive, practical complement to the acclaimed Chalice Hymnal and inspirational Chalice Praise is for worship planners, pastors, church musicians, seminarians, or anyone seeking the perfect hymn, song, or reading to relate to a sermon, devotion, term paper topic, worship service theme, and more.
Going beyond the topical index found in most songbooks, Chalice Concordance includes more than 7,000 words and phrases.
Compiler and editor Susan D. Adams developed Chalice Concordance to meet her own needs as a worship planner in the past: “I have mostly depended on luck, a foggy memory, and speed reading to find a hymn that contains the word I want,”
Adams confesses. Her concordance can save pastors and others valuable time and effort as they seek to honor God with their pursuit of excellent worship.
- An Alphabetical list of words and phrases from the Chalice Hymnal and Chalice Praise—Includes references to poems, quotations, psalms, and creeds as well as songs and hymns.
- Searchable CD file provides users who prefer to work on computer with all the resources available in the book.
- Usage charts at the end of the concordance and in a MS Excel file on the CD allow users to keep track on paper or computer of when they have included specific elements in worship
- Languages other than English are included in a special section
- The listing of phrases as well as individual words helps focus the user's search for key terms.