The authors of volume 5 are nearly all accredited Godly Play trainers. It has been written not only to introduce you to some of the next generation of leaders in Godly Play, but also to make available to you the benefit of their experience and insight.
The kind of help you will find here for your continuing development as a Godly Play teacher supplements the first four volumes of The Complete Guide to Godly Play and their related videos. You will find wisdom about developing the storyteller you already are. There is advice on how to manage time and space in the classical teaching and learning environment for Godly Play.
Since there is nothing quite so practical as good theory, there are also reflections about children's education, their spirituality and a theology of childhood for adults. This information is based on what has been learned about children in Godly Play settings around the world so we adults can be guided toward entering the reality Jesus called "the Kingdom of Heaven."
What's inside Volume 5: Practical Helps from Godly Play Trainers?
Each chapter lends special insight to the teaching process.
- Chapter 1: Help with Telling Stories
- Chapter 2: Help with Managing Time
- Chapter 3: Help with Managing Space
- Chapter 4: Help with Nurturing Relationships: Congregations and Parents
- Chapter 5: Help with Nurturing Relationships: Teachers and Children
- Chapter 6: Going Deeper with Godly Play