New Beginnings 101, 201 and 301, has a very simple goal -- to take your congregants from membership to discipleship. In too many of our churches today, congregants do not have a real sense of attachment. Some are going to worship service (and some, sadly are not), they might be reasonable members, but something has not clicked for them. In fact, in a typical American Protestant church, about 10 percent of the people attending are doing 80 percent of the work. Maybe 20 percent -- because of life circumstances – are unable to be involved, and this leaves about 70 percent that, if given a reason, are ready to be committed to church life and ministry. And what about all those churchgoers who feel alienated, yet if given that reason, would return to the church?
The problem is most of our members don’t know how or where to begin. As a church leader, you look around and know you already have good people. You already have a physical presence. You already have many things in place. You just need to get jump-started. And New Beginnings 101, 201 and 301 is the “jump start” that can, if used effectively, transform your ordinary members into extraordinary disciples. And attract new members.
- Leader’s Guide -- A 74 page, step-by-step guide that includes: Steps of Preparation, with easy to follow techniques to create interest in your church. How to Use Curriculum Material, which provides material for leaders to utilize, talking points, PowerPoint hints, all TAP© materials, and ways to customize your 101-201-301 curriculum. Ritual Action, which allows you to create concrete and physical events that underscore and dramatize the principles in New Beginnings.
- Participant's Guide -- A 58-page, easy to follow personalized workbook, that provides resources and contains all TAP© materials (Talent-Aptitude-Purpose) so participants might find their unique ministry.
- Resources/PowerPoint CD -- PowerPoint and printable materials, plus resources such as bulletin announcements, nametags, customized banners and shirts to enhance your New Beginnings experience.
- Leader's Instructional DVD/VHS – In this video, provided in both DVD and VHS formats, Paul Wilkes speaks directly to leaders, guiding them through all levels of New Beginnings 101, 201, 301.
- Islands of Hope (bonus on DVD/VHS) – An inspiring documentary about four innovative, ministry-driven churches and parishes. It shows every church has the potential for excellence, and how members can serve in new, bold and exciting ways.