Preachers have long turned to the Abingdon Preaching Annual for help with the central task of their ministry: sermon preparation. As was the case for 2006 edition, the 2007 edition of the Annual offers even more resources and aids to those who step into the pulpit Sunday after Sunday. Chief among these new features is the inclusion of sermon materials arranged by topic, in order to assist in planning and preparing sermon series. The reader will find sermon series on such topics as prayer, the life of Moses, the Holy Spirit, generous living, the book of Ephesians, and many more. Each series runs from three to six weeks, with a total of 13 series mapped out for the reader’s use.
Also included here for the first time is a CD-ROM, which in addition to the full text of the print edition, contains the following extra sermon helps:
· Additional illustrations for use with the sermon series
· Pre-sermon prayers
· A bibliography of suggested reading for each sermon’s Scripture text
· More pastoral prayers
A “hot linked” lectionary table, including the NRSV text.
New and returning features found in the print version include:
· Lectionary based sermon materials
· Pastoral prayers
· Calls to worship
· Scripture index
· Services for special occasions such as weddings and funerals
· Classical and contemporary affirmations of faith
· Classical sermons for inspiration.
The Abingdon Preaching Annual has always been a resource preachers can trust, and will continue to be—now more than ever.