Every choir director struggles with the desire to improve their choir's music reading ability and the reality that the time available to teach music theory in rehearsal is limited. Ginger Wyrick has created Singing Between the Lines to help you teach music theory in as little as 15 minutes a week.
“The fundamentals of music theory are unchanging, making this a great tool for quickly improving your choir's skill level. What they will learn here applies to all types of music making, including choral and instrumental. Music will come alive for your choir once they understand what they are seeing on the printed page. Rehearsals are productive, ensemble members are more confident, and the final product is better.” Ginger Wyrick, from Singing Between the Lines.
- Each session is designed to last only 15 minutes but can be combined for 30-minute sessions.
- Thirty sessions are included. Lessons are presented in order, building on previous concepts.
- Uses hymn tunes as teaching examples.
- Includes reproducible participant pages.
- Leader’s guide gives quick teaching tips, suggestions for ear training, and ways to incorporate the session concept into your rehearsal.
- Flexible for a variety of settings! Incorporate the sessions into your regular rehearsal, hold a short 15-minute mini-class before rehearsal, or lead a separate class for 30 minutes!