Beginnings: An Introduction to the Christian Faith introduces twelve core beliefs and practices of believers in Christ. We invite inquirers to begin an intentional journey with Jesus. This study is designed to give your congregation tools to create a small-group
experience where people can ask questions about the Christian faith,
explore their walk with God, and form or deepen their relationship with
Jesus Christ and Christian community. The 12 sessions introduce the most
basic themes of Christianity and explore the most fundamental questions
In each two-hour session, participants will share a meal, watch a short
video/DVD segment, develop the spiritual disciplines of Christian
conversation and study of Scripture, engage in meaningful discussion and
reflection, explore Christian faith and teachings, and grow in depth of
experience through the small group.
The planning kit includes:
- So Is This All There Is?
- Who is Jesus and Why Should I Care?
- Why Am I Not Where I Want to Be?
- What Happens When I Die?
- Can I Trust God?
- How Does God Speak to Me?
- If I Don't Feel Lost, Why Do I Need to Be Found?
- Can I Start Again?
- How Do I Speak to God?
- How Can I Make a Life and Not Just a Living?
- Why Should I Join Any Group That Will Have Me as a Member?
- Love Feast!
- 1 DVD with each sessions video presentation
- 1 Director's Manual
- 1 Small-Group Leader's Guide
- 1 Participant's Guide
- 1 Along the Way: A Participant's Companion Book