In Sure and Certain Hope
Liturgies, Prayers and Readings for Funerals and Memorials
More About This Product
Additional Bible Information
Additional Curriculum/Series Information
This book is offered as a resource for those taking services connected with death and dying, those who offer pastoral care to the bereaved, and all who are asked to help plan a funeral or memorial service. It may be used in its own right or as a supplement to the authorized liturgies of the various Christian churches.
In Sure and Certain Hope provides a range of liturgies, from simple rites to formal orders of service for use in church, for each stage of a process that is both universal and unique for every individual:
- a simple rite at the time of death
- a ceremony for receiving a body into church
- prayers and readings before leaving home for a funeral
- an order of service for a funeral in church
- an order of service for a funeral at a cemetery or crematorium
- alternative Bible readings, printed out in full
- alternative prayers and readings for differing circumstances of death
- prayers for returning home after a funeral
- a memorial service
- a commemoration for All Soul's Day
- a remembrance for the anniversary of a death
- an affirmation of the living
In Sure and Certain Hope also includes a short selection of readings from literature and poetry on the themes of death, loss and enduring love. They are chosen for their resonance with the Christian hope of eternal life and may help family and friends to find a reading appropriate for their own circumstances. For clergy and others who minister at such an intensely painful time, theological reflection is included on the primary Christian understanding that underpins the Church's ministry to the dying and the bereaved.
Language of Text:
Order Gift Cards
Check Gift Card Balances
Catalogs & Brochures
Pay Your Cokesbury Bill
Find a Consultant
Manual Order Form
STAY IN THE KNOW
Sign-Up for Cokesbury News, Sales and Deals
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES
© 2018 Cokesbury |
Thank you. You will now receive Cokesbury News, Sales and Deals.
There was an error processing your request. Please try again.
The email address you supplied is invalid. Please check the email address and try again.