Timothy learned about the Christian faith in
his family -- from his mother, Eunice, and his grandmother, Lois. Paul taught
Timothy that although he was young, God could use him to teach the good news
about Jesus Christ and to set an example of faithful living for others.
Don't let anyone make fun of you, just
because you are young. Set an example for other followers by what you say and
do, as well as by your love, faith, and purity. (1 Timothy 4:12,
Keep on being faithful to what you were taught and to what you
believed. (2 Timothy 3:14, CEV)
Children will have the opportunity to:
- Hear the story of Timothy and his family
- Learn that Timothy's family influenced his faith
- See that we can learn about faith from our families
- Know that we can be good examples for others just as Timothy, Eunice, and Lois set good examples for others
- Learn that God uses people of all ages to teach about faithful living
- Recognize that we can learn about being faithful Christians from our teachers and mentors, just as Timothy learned from the apostle Paul.
Eight lesson plans allow children to experience the unit theme using art, music, storytelling, video, computer, science, cooking, and games.