Worship goes deeper than hymns and recitations. Prayer is more than us talking to God. This adult group study serves as a critical reminder that prayer and worship and stewardship can be more than opportunities to connect with God; they can be encounters with God. Through DVD segments, Scripture, helpful quotations, and space for journaling you’ll take a close look at the six, basic characteristics of God and the corresponding characteristics we should develop in response. You’ll discover how your connection with God can become an encounter with God—and that’s when your life will really change.
The Leader Guide contains everything needed to guide a group through the book and DVD. It includes session plans and discussion questions, as well as format options, and helps us discern 6 qualities of God and the effect they have on us:
1. God’s Majesty and My Reverence
2. God’s Fidelity and My Trust
3. God’s Purity and My Humility
4. God’s Authority and My Obedience
5. God’s Righteousness and My Work for Justice
6. God's Graciousness and My Love of Others