Find God's vision for your job. Reclaim God's vision for your life.
Many Christians fall victim to one of two main problems when it comes to work: either they are idle
in their work, or they have made an idol
of it. Both of these mindsets are deadly misunderstandings of how God intends for us to think about our employment. In The Gospel at Work,
Sebastian Traeger and Greg Gilbert unpack the powerful ways in which the gospel can transform how we do what we do, releasing us from the cultural pressures of both an all-consuming devotion and a punch-in, punch-out mentality--in order to find the freedom of a work ethic rooted in serving Christ. You'll find answers to some of the tough questions that Christians in the workplace often ask:
- What factors should matter most in choosing a job?
- What gospel principles should shape my thinking about how to treat my boss, my co-workers, and my employees?
- Is full-time Christian work more valuable than my job?
- Is it okay to be motivated by money?
- How do you prioritize--or balance--work, family and church responsibilities?
Solidly grounded in the gospel, The Gospel at Work confronts both our idleness at work and our idolatry of work with a challenge of its own--to remember that whom we work for is infinitely more important than what we do.