These beautifully written Prayers of the People for each Sunday in Year B reflect the themes of the day’s Scripture readings while offering intercessions for all of the intentions specified in the Book of Common Prayer:
• The Universal Church, its members, and its mission
• The Nation and all in authority
• The welfare of the world
• The concerns of the local community
• Those who suffer and those in any trouble
• The departed (including commemoration of saints)
The prayers may be spoken, or may be sung to familiar chant patterns.