Chronological, integrated, with an illuminating harmony of the scripture. Read the Bible in real time with this Bible set in an innovative, new, chronological and harmony based format. Explore Scripture through this integrated approach and see the Bible unfold in a new way as the events of the Bible are set in parallel. It s more than just a chronological Bible, it s also a harmony of the Bible. Passages of Scripture and individual events are arranged in their sequential order. And when there are multiple versions of an event, these stories are told side-by-side, connecting the dots to open up deeper understanding as you read the different accounts together.
This Bible allows you to see the beautiful and intricate interconnectedness of the Scriptures from Genesis to Revelation in pure harmony. Set in a chronologically-based format, this Bible will open your eyes to the way that the Bible reflects upon itself throughout its pages. For instance, you can read Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John s telling of Jesus feeding the 5,000---presented in four columns right next to each other. When you read David s story about hiding from Saul in the wilderness, on the same page you ll read the psalm he wrote as he lay waiting, wondering when God would deliver him.
- The entire text of the NIV translation with the order of events arranged chronologically
- Parallel passages (or passages that are related) are arranged side-by-side in columns.
- Sectional introductions on chronology and dating (e.g. Creation Through the Patriarchs, Exodus to Conquest)
- 2-column: David in the cave (1 Samuel 22:1 5 -- Psalm 142 )
- 3-column: Peter s confession (Mt 16:13 23 -- Mk 8:27 33 -- Lk 9:18 22)
- 4-column: Feeding 5,000 (Mt 14:13 21 -- Mk 6:32 44 -- Lk 9:10 17 -- Jn 6:1 13)
General Editor: JOHN R. KOHLENBERGER III
John R. Kohlenberger III (MA, Western Seminary) is the author or coeditor of more than four dozen biblical reference books and study Bibles, including The Strongest Strong s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, NIV Interlinear Hebrew-English Old Testament, NIV Bible Concordance, NIV Greek-English New Testament, and the award-winning NIV Exhaustive Concordance and Expositor's Bible Commentary: Abridged Edition. He has taught at Multnomah Bible College and Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon.