Click here for a free sample of this unit. The Music CD will need to be purchased separately.
Bible Story Reference: 2 King 22:8-23:3
Bible Verses: Joshua 1:8; Isaiah 40:8; Psalm 119:105; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Hebrews 4:12
In this unit children will learn:
- The books of the Bible were written over a long period by people of different backgrounds.
- The decision of what books go into the Old and New Testaments, the canon, was made many years ago.
- These books have been accepted by Christians as inspired by God.
- The Old Testament is the "Bible" that Jesus knew and quoted.
- The New Testament contains the story of Jesus, his disciples, and the beginning of the Christian church.
- All of the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, helps us know how God acts in relationship to people and to know how we should relate to God.
- We need to know what the Bible says and apply it to our daily lives.
- We do not have any of the original manuscripts of the books of the Bible, but we do have some very old copies.
- The Bible has been saved from destruction and made available in many languages over the years; some people involved took great risks to assist in this.
Need help selecting the appropriate Bible Study Resource?Be sure to check out our BibleFinder to help you find the right resources for your group.
Need help selecting the appropriate Curriculum Resource?Be sure to check out our Curriculum Finder to help you find the right resources for your group.