In this six-session small group Bible study (guide sold separately), Spirit Hunger, Gari Meacham peels back the layers of lesser loves we use to fill our true 'hunger' for a relationship with God.
It's often tempting to stay safe with God. Do your prayers reflect the desire you have to communicate with God? Do you listen for God, or talk right over him? What would happen if you truly abandoned yourself to experience an adventure with God? Gari invites you to get gutsy with God. In Spirit Hunger, she journeys with you to the raw places of desiring God and discovering a faith-filled way of praying and believing the God we adore.
Spirit Hunger unwraps our heart's desire to engage God, even when we cover that desire with lesser loves.
Meacham writes, "With the authenticity of my own life stories--marriage to a professional baseball player, struggles with severe food bondage, and a father who was a quadriplegic--I came to the crisp realization that my prayer life and the belief needed to match. Spirit Hunger provides a clear path towards matching these heart cries--leading away from crumbs and counterfeit, to a hungering for God."
Relatable and relative, Gari addresses the following topics in Spirit Hunger:
- Longing and Numbing: Are these sighs of a hungry spirit?
- Believing: Is our prayer life really a worry life?
- Travailing and Shouldering: Do we understand how to pray with an intensity and intimacy?
- Questioning: What about the outcomes we can't reason with or explain?
- Hiding, Controlling, and Mocha Lattes
- Engaging God: From Longing to Prayer
- Whispers and Screams: How Do We Pray?
- The Guts to Believe
- Listening Postures
- Who's in Charge?
Designed for use with the Spirit Hunger Workbook (sold separately). When used together, they provide users with practical tools that transform their faith.