Many Christians, disillusioned with lives of spiritual mediocrity that have been dampened by today’s rampant materialism and cafeteria spirituality, are asking the same question: “Where is the substance that can move our church beyond ho-hum Christianity?” Today’s public fascination with angels, New Age spirituality, and the paranormal is likewise spurring Christ’s followers to look for greater and deeper life transformation through their faith. Real Followers: Beyond Virtual Christianity shows how an ordinary church can be transformed into a radical community—a fellowship of everyday people who began looking for meaning and searching for authenticity. Michael Slaughter describes a movement that is hooked in various generations, from buster to boomer to builder. This resource also includes discussion questions.
• Readers examine culturally relevant concepts to ask the age-old question:“Will you give up your right to yourself, take up the cross, and radically follows Jesus?”
• Readers are presented with a workable example of how to grow their church, with examples from Ginghamsburg Church
• Contains case studies of real people who have begun a “migration in the wrong direction”
• Includes discussion questions Key Benefits:
• Readers learn what it really means to find their destiny as Christ’s followers
• Readers are inspired to take doable steps toward becoming authentic Christ followers