Weaving God's Promises is a new, exciting, innovative three-year, downloadable Episcopal curriculum for children ages 3-11 (Preschool – Grade 5). Arranged seasonally (Fall, Winter, Spring), Weaving God’s Promises broadly follows the Church year by focusing on the biblical story of salvation as told in the Old Testament and New Testament. Lessons also connect to the seasons of the church year, with Episcopal prayers, history, sacraments and traditions woven though out the materials each week. Special sessions are also provided to further explore the Episcopal perspective of reading scripture and worship in community. Includes original, creative activities for gathering, storytelling, community prayer and shared snacks, multiple theme-reinforcing crafts, drama, movement and games to select from for each lesson, and reproducible handouts and activity sheets.
A three-year, downloadable curriculum, lessons follow the pattern of Episcopal liturgy: Gathering, Story, Prayer, Sharing, Activities and Dismissal. While usable in churches of all sizes, Weaving God’s Promises is especially pleasing for small churches that can begin each week together in a multi-age group followed by breaking into age-appropriate groups for specific activities. Activities are designated for Preschool (ages 3 & 4), Primary (Kindergarten & 1st grades), Elementary (2nd and 3rd grades) and Intermediate (4th & 5th grades).
Weaving God’s Promises features:
· Helpful background information for teachers
· A link to one’s personal story to the biblical story as well as Episcopal faith and tradition
· Original, creative activities for gathering, storytelling, community prayer and shared snacks
· Multiple theme-reinforcing crafts, drama, movement and games to select from for each lesson
· Reproducible handouts and activity sheets
· Nearly 1,200 pages of lesson plans, illustrations and activities for Year 1
Weaving God’s Promises is:
· Classroom tested
· Completely downloadable; print and use only what you need!
· Teacher friendly
· Theologically sound in the Episcopal tradition
· Affordable to all size churches
· A one-time purchase (per year), with unlimited access 24/7 to materials for all your teachers
Weaving God’s Promises Three-Year Outline:
Year 1: Weaving Our Faith (2010-2011) – available June 2010
Year 2: Weaving the Family of God (2011-2012) – available spring 2011
Year 3: Woven in Love (2012-2013) – available spring 2012