This bestselling volume is now available in a fully updated and expanded fourth edition, bringing together 378 readings, drawn from over 230 sources, and charting 2,000 years of Christian history.
- Each reading is accompanied by its own introduction, commentary and study questions, and illustrates a key doctrine, point of view, intellectual development, or theological landmark
- Includes several new readings on religion and science, an expanded coverage of feminist theological voices, extracts from radical Protestant perspectives, and more contemporary theology
- Features additional writers, including: Pope Benedict XVI, John Polkinghorne, John Milbank, Elizabeth A. Johnson, and John Yoder
- May be used as a stand-alone volume, or alongside Christian Theology: An Introduction, 5th edition for a complete overview of the subject
- Accompanied by a fully revised and expanded website, available on publication, featuring useful instructor and student resources, including study questions and answers, quizzes, podcast lecturers from Alister McGrath, and multiple choice questions; visit www.wiley.com/go/mcgrath for more details