BE AN ADULT WHO MAKES A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIFE OF A KID.
Maybe it's your own son or daughter. Perhaps it's a kid in your classroom. It might even be a teenager in the youth ministry where you serve. What if you could make a truly life-changing investment in this kid's life?
Kids have an innate need for adults who will cheer for them, pray for them, see the best in them, and support them through both words and deeds. Youth ministry veteran Dan Webster wrote KidUnique
with the goal of preparing you to fulfill that essential role in the life of a child or teenager.
Drawing on his own experience as a youth pastor and as a father of three sons, Webster wants to help equip you to become a "KidUnique adult" who helps kids:
- feel loved and know they matter because someone paid attention to them.
- have a boost in self-esteem as they're reminded that they are a miracle, not just a mess.
- have an increased belief in self and respect for others.
- discover their talents and strengths by trying new things.
- learn to both appreciate and live into their true selves.
- grow by pursuing new adventures and opportunities.
- hear words identifying "what's right" instead of only "what's wrong."
This task may sound intimidating, but Webster skillfully guides you from a passive position into an active role in a kid's life through the "four-window model" of observation, exploration, affirmation, and revelation. At the end of the book, you have the chance to put his ideas into practice through a 31-Day Experience with your child or teenager.
As you read and apply the truths, principles, and practices of KidUnique, you'll nurture a kid through encouragement to grow, develop, thrive, and be successful--an investment that will last a lifetime.