This update installer is a "patch" that simply replaces certain data files that control the built-in liturgical materials inside The Rite Stuff. It only works if you already have Rite Series 1.5 installed on your computer first. (Note: it does not update Rite Stuff 1.0)
To update, you must have Administrator privileges assigned to your account. If you are unsure about whether you have Administrator privileges, you should contact the person responsible for your computer and/or office network.
After unzipping the downloaded file, you will notice 2 updater programs: one for Macintosh and one for Windows. Please choose the correct updater for your computer.
What's new in this update
This update integrates the Revised Common Lectionary (RCL) into Rite Stuff, along with associated materials for Year A.
Once this patch is installed, you will notice these changes in Rite Stuff:
- Eucharistic readings for all years now agree with the RCL
- Year A Rite Lite Commentaries by Michael Merriman are now coordinated with RCL
- Musical suggestions for Year A are from Liturgical Music (Daw & Pavlechko)
Included with future updates (not in this update):
- Commentaries and musical suggestions for years B and C.
- New BCP PDF (in the Library) with updated RCL Lectionary section.
- New Rite Light PDF (in the Library) with updated commentaries.
- The 2006 General Convention calendar changes (to Lesser Feasts).
Updater works if product was installed in standard install location
This updater will only work if The Rite Series is installed in its default location:
- Macintosh: /Applications/Rite Series 1.5
- Windows: C:/Program Files/Rite Series 1.5
In the unlikely case that the Rite Series is installed anywhere else, the patched files will need to be moved manually after they are installed. Please contact Technical Support for assistance if this situation applies to you. Customers using "Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002" are advised to contact Rite Series technical support after downloading the patch, for free help with installing the files.
How to get help
Technical Support is available via telephone (877-748-3788) or e-mail (email@example.com) for this product.
This software product is only available for online purchase. It cannot be ordered by telephone. The software is non-refundable after installation.