Growing a Grateful, Generous Heart is a heart-transforming program to help the entire family - and your church - grow in the understanding and practice of stewardship and to live with grateful, generous hearts.
This four-session program contains these components:
- Leader's Guide
- Parent/Family Resource
- Children's Papers
Each session includes four age-graded Lesson Plans, one for each of four age levels (Preschool/Kindergarten, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4 and Grades 5-6).
Each Lesson Plan includes the following:
- Session Essentials (an overview of the session’s activities and a list of required materials)
- Opening Activity (a creative way to engage children in the session theme)
- Story (an age-appropriate telling of the scripture story)
- Story Response (several options for inviting the children’s response to the story: art, writing, movement, drama, music, etc.)
- Closing (creative options for prayer)
These specially-designed Children’s Papers have been prepared for each of the four sessions at each of the four grade levels (Preschool/Kindergarten, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, Grades 5-6). The colorful, tear-out papers are designed to go home with each child, extending the story and experience beyond your Sunday gathering. Equipped with the Children’s Papers, children carry the message of God’s generous love and our grateful response into their homes and communities.