In John 1:48, Nathanael says to Jesus, “How do you know me?” Jesus replies, with a twinkle in his eye, “I saw you while you were still under the fig tree.” Lent is a time to slow down and journey with Jesus through his life, death, and resurrection. Under the Fig Tree is a book of 46 drawings, photographs, and paintings inspired by Lenten themes, readings, and stories for each day of Lent and Holy Week. The images, like snapshots, are colorful, inspired, and rife with emotion. The reader receives an opportunity to reflect, slow down, and walk with Jesus as a friend and disciple, to sit with Jesus under the fig tree and talk, listen, and glimpse the face and heart of authentic love.
• Foreword by Fleming Rutledge
• Includes 46 full color images
• Lenten devotional journal
• Well-known artist and author of The Painting Table
• Resource or gift for confirmation, pilgrimages, grief, prayer