Take a prayerful walk through the Church's liturgical calendar with Lessons from the Lives of the Saints. Each day contains a concise biography of these heroic men and women the Church venerates as saints. Fr. Esper provides a brief overview of each saint's life and explains simple lessons we can draw from his or her example. This book is a fantastic resource for our daily spiritual reading and meditation - a helpful guide that teaches us how to apply the saint's secrets of holiness to our own daily life.
Important life lessons that we can learn from the Saints:
- How true joy comes not from earthly status, but from following Christ like St. Francis of Assisi
- How God answers our prayers, but often in a way demanding our patience
- Like Mary Magadalene, how no one is beyond the power of the grace of God
- How we can worship God and grow in holiness through both work and prayer, sometimes combined
- How, through charity and prayer, impossible situations can be transformed and family members converted
- How Christians may be called upon to endure great sufferings - but if so, God will always sustain us