Geoffrey Thomas has lived a memorable life. But despite his achievements, he tells his story as a man comfortably living in the shadow of something and Someone greater. Geoff shares his upbringing in Wales, his ministerial training in the United States, and his family life and ministry that stretched over fifty years at Alfred Place Baptist Church in Aberystwyth. Throughout the book, the winsome Welshman introduces us to a host of leaders he has befriended over the years, giving a valuable perspective on the transatlantic evangelical scene. And most of all, you will read of Geoff's love for the Rock of his salvation.
Table of Contents:
3. The Town Where I Grew Up
4. My Schooling and My Church
5. University in Cardiff
6. Seminary Days, Philadelphia, 1961-1964
7. Coming Home to Wales and Marriage, 1964
8. Aberystwyth, a Small Town with Almost Everything
9. Christianity in Aberystwyth in the Twentieth Century
10. Alfred Place Baptist Church
11. Beginning as a Preacher
12. My Journal
13. Key Brothers and Formative Influences
14. Some Memorable Conversations
15. The Ministry of Mercy in Aberystwyth.