The essential guide to mastering Christian fiction
To write a powerful, meaningful Christian novel, you must embrace the soaring creativity inspired by faith, while also committing to the serious discipline required of an artisan. You must be able to weave a compelling story with an underlying message that deeply affects both your characters and your readers.
As fulfilling as the Christian genre is, the road to a satisfying story--and publication--is filled with hard work. But take heart. The Art & Craft of Writing Christian Fiction can help make the journey easier. Inside, author Jeff Gerke provides page after page of insightful instruction and encouragement. You'll learn how to:
- Write for a Christian audience while glorifying God through your fiction.
- Find your story amidst a bevy of ideas.
- Avoid using hidden agendas, messages, and sermons in your writing.
- Convert telling into showing.
- Handle profane characters in Christian fiction.
From understanding your calling as a Christian author to finding a literary agent and navigating the path to publication, The Art & Craft of Writing Christian Fiction
is the go-to manual for every step along the way.