It is hard to be grateful when you are looking into the jaws of mind-bending pain. Chronic illness, a heart attack, a terrible car accident, caring for a developmentally disabled child, facing betrayal and loneliness. These tough times make you want to give up and throw in the towel. You try to overcome, but the exhaustion destroys your energy and hope. You try to pray, but the pain interrupts your concentration. You want to give up.
In A Thankful Heart in a World of Hurt, author Joni Eareckson Tada avoids churchy lingo and easier-said-than-done advice. Instead, she tackles relevant questions such as:
- How can I really give thanks for all things?
- How can I cultivate a grateful spirit?
- What was the Apostle Paul's secret to a grateful heart? (He had been beaten, stoned, whipped, starved, shipwrecked and betrayed by people he thought were friends.)
- How is it possible to Rejoice in the Lord always?
Includes practical tips and relevant insights that will help you experience God's peace even during tough times. Perfect for personal use, small group use, or to hand to a friend for encouragement. 14 panels, fits inside most Bibles, 8.5 x 5.5 inches, unfolds to 38 inches long.
3 Key Features of A Thankful Heart in a World of Hope
- Bible-Based--Packed with dozens of Scriptures and helps straight from the Word of God, get solid advice for navigating trials that will guide you towards thanksgiving and spiritual growth.
- Practical--This pamphlet isn't just fluffy encouragement and basic sentiments: get real, practical steps you can take today to apply God's Word to your life and allow him to help you overcome hurt and step into thanksgiving.
- Relevant--Instead of religious cliches or sugarcoated greeting-card advice, get a wealth of experience and eternal hope from someone who has been there and suffered the pains of loss and illness. Filled with real stories from real people, inspiring testimonies of those that found their hope in the Lord.
The topics of fear and hopelessness, depression and suffering, loneliness and worry are issues that author, Joni Eareckson Tada, can speak to personally: A diving accident in 1967, when she was 17, left her a quadriplegic. She has lived 45 years in a wheelchair and she has experienced her share of ups and downs. But, she says, oh, the difference the grace of God has made in my life.
Let Joni tell you her secrets to peace and joy, despite her wheelchair. She has spent decades studying the Word of God. She knows that God does not enjoy seeing your suffering. He has compassion for you and gives you many ways to deal with life's pain so that you can have peace.
She has taken her most important insights on thankfulness and joy and encapsulated them into this 14-page pamphlet. Whether you or a loved one is suffering, this pamphlet will bring you comfort.
- Personal & individual use
- Small group study
- Hospital ministry
- Outreach ministry
- Church giveaways
- And more
About the Author
Joni Eareckson Tada offers hope to people struggling with health and emotional challenges. After a 1967 diving accident left Joni Eareckson Tada a spinal cord-injured quadriplegic, she embarked on a lifelong study to make sense of suffering from God's perspective. Joni Eareckson Tada is now an international advocate for individuals with disabilities, and the founder of the non-profit organization, Joni & Friends.