A women’s study using Christian fiction as a springboard for exploring forgiveness and grace.
It’s impossible to pass through life without experiencing some kind of hurt or loss. We all need healing at different points in our lives—and often the path to healing is paved in some form of forgiveness and grace.
In Healing Waters, the first study in the new Faith and Fiction Bible study series , popular Christian fiction author Melody Carlson draws upon her novels in the Inn at Shining Waters trilogy to invite women on an exciting journey toward healing. Using the stories, themes, and characters of the novels as a backdrop, this eight-week study explores the need for forgiveness and mercy in our lives and the role that second chances and new beginnings play in healing our spirits and our relationships.
Through careful study of Psalm 103 and other selected Scriptures, women will
· gain new understanding and appreciation for God as the Lord who heals
· recognize that God makes the journey with them, inviting them to experience divine love and mercy every step of the way.
· walk the roads of forgiveness and grace, learning how to embrace these gifts for themselves and their relationships.
· learn how to restore broken relationships and live in life-giving community.
· celebrate the God who loves second chances and who is devoted to transforming and blessing us with surprises and new beginnings.
The Participant Book is an all-inclusive guide providing summaries of the three novels—River’s Song, River’s Call, and River’s End—character sketches of the main characters, excerpts from the novels, and five daily Bible study readings for each week. Each day’s reading includes reflection questions with space for recording responses, a short prayer, and an “As You Go” idea or suggestion. Although reading the novels is not required to participate in the study, women may choose to read the novels in tandem with the study to enrich the overall experience.