This new addition to the New Interpreter’s Bible brand is a ten-volume set of the commentary-only from the New Interpreter’s Bible Commentary.
(The NIV and NRSV translations are not included. Please note that this set replaces the 12-volume set and uses the commentary and reflections from the 12-volume set, arranged in a different order.)
The New Interpreter's Bible Commentary offers critically sound biblical interpretations. Guided by scholars, pastors and laity representing diverse traditions and academic experience, this collection of commentary meets the needs of preachers, teachers, and all students of the Bible.
- A detailed, critical commentary providing an exegetical "close-reading" of the biblical text
- Reflections that present a detailed exposition of issues raised in the biblical text
- Introductions to each book that cover essential historical, sociocultural, literary, and theological issues
- An ecumenical roster of contributors
- Comprehensive, concise articles
- Numerous visual aids (illustrations, maps, charts, timelines) enhance use
- Attractive printed hardcover edition