Did Creation happen in 24-hour literal days? What was the role and function of a prophet? Why did Jesus use parables so often? What is the purpose of Communion? Are Christians required to read the Bible every day?
The Bible is a source of faith, morality, and understanding of God and salvation for millions of people around the world. It is one of the most revered books of all time, but the ancient language and confusing writing style of its stories can often make it hard to decipher their most important meanings. The Bible Answer Book is an authoritative reference guide designed for both frequent Bible readers and those discovering the text for the first time, and it addresses the most common, confusing, and controversial questions that Christians encounter as they study the Bible.
- What is the purpose of baptism?
- Who were the disciples and apostles?
- What was significant about the Ark of the Covenant?
- What is apocalyptic literature?
- What are the different types of psalms?
- Who was John the Baptist?
- What does the Bible say about divorce?
- What will heaven be like?
Written in an easy-to-read, question-and-answer format by Bible expert James Stuart Bell, The Bible Answer Book is a reliable tool that will give you insight into the origins, history, and practices of the Bible and the Christian faith.