With typical wisdom and lucidity, Erwin W. Lutzer addresses a fundamental question--a question begging for an answer after a frenetic election--"e;Is God really on America s side?"e; To answer, the reader is carefully led through seven vital principles of a biblical understanding of judgment.
- God can both bless and curse a nation.
- God judges nations based on the amount of light and opportunity they are given.
- God sometimes uses exceedingly evil nations to judge those that are less evil.
- When God judges a nation, the righteous suffer with the wicked.
- God s judgments take various forms.
- In judgment, God s target is often His people, not just the general population.
- God sometimes reverses intended judgments.
Provocative questions for individual reflection or group discussion complete each chapter of the book.Throughout, Lutzer s insights into how Christians should view government equips them to think with the Bible in one hand and a newspaper in the other. "