Based on the fruits of the Spirit of Galatians 5:22-23, this edition of the Kids' Travel Guide series leads your Sunday school or midweek program on a 13-week Scripture-based discovery of how God's Spirit helps us express God's love to others through caring actions, and healthy attitudes.
Kids (levels K-5th grade) will explore how to be strong in the decisions they make, and live out the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily lives. In each of these 13 lessons, you will take your kids on a travel adventure with:
You will also get:
- In-Focus Verse around which the adventure is focused -- "God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him" (1 John 4:16b) begins Journey 2.
- Departure Prayer designed for children to add their own words of prayer.
- First Stop Discovery: Narrated enactment or group activity exploring the lesson's Bible Story.
- Story Excursions: Bring the Fruit of the Spirit to life in fun, imaginative and dramatic ways.
- Adventures in Growing: Activities (board games, comic strips, and more) show kids ways of living out the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily lives.
- Home Again Prayer closes the lesson.
- Souvenirs: Kids create pages that go into a notebook to remind them of what they have learned about God's laws.
- Tour Guide Tips: Ideas you can use to enhance or adapt the lesson for different ages.
- Items to Pack: Supplies and props for the journey.
- Scenic Routes give you more creative options.
- Fun Facts: Jokes and interesting tidbits related to the lesson.
- Reproducible pages: Games, role-playing, situations like School and "Fruity Situations," board games, fill-in cartoon strips and artwork patterns.