The Good Life
Get it. Try it. Live it – Together.
Living the Good Life Together: A Study of Christian Character in Community is a unique series of 12-week video-and-book studies in which you will explore key features of Christian character and then, as a group, apply those learnings in daily life.
Intimacy: Pursuing Love
Do you wish you were closer to God? Many of us feel that way and long to do something about it. In this study, M. Garlinda Burton explores how, as Christians, we can experience intimacy with God, with ourselves, and with others. Topics include:
- Knowing Who You Are – And Whose You Are
- Seeing God’s Love in Others
- Connecting With a Community of Faith
- Practicing Intimacy as a Spiritual Discipline
The 12-week structure of this study is based on two complementary teachings of Jesus:
Come and See (6 weeks)
The group will use Scripture, videos, study & reflection guide, and leader guide to experience, discuss, and meditate on the Christian model of intimacy.
Go and Do (6 weeks)
Together, supported by the leader guide, the group will create and implement an action plan for applying and embodying intimacy in their own lives.
This kit includes:
- Study & reflection guide, a compelling and thought-provoking book by M. Garlinda Burton
- DVD with video presentations of about 10 minutes each, exploring the topic of intimacy through interviews, mini-documentaries, personal testimonies, dramatic readings, and Scripture
- Leader guide with complete instructions for planning and leading the study, including suggestions for action plans your group can use
Order additional copies of the book, one for each member of your group.
View Promotional Video
M. Garlinda Burton is an editor, journalist, and expert on issues of gender and racial justice. She is general secretary of the General Commission on the Status and Role of Women in The United Methodist Church and a joyfully involved member of Hobson United Methodist Church in Nashville, TN.
For more information, go to www.livingthegoodlifetogether.com.