apostle Paul founded many churches in the Roman Empire, including one in
the prominent city of Corinth. But after personally ministering to them
for years, he saddened to one day discover that he is being viciously
slandered and ridiculed by adversaries who have arrived in the region.
Paul responds by penning a second letter to them, defending not only his
authority as an apostle of Christ but also the truth of the gospel he
had so painstakingly modelled in their midst. Paul's words reveal the
cost of following Christ--and also the ultimate rewards that await those
who are faithful to Jesus.
The Jeremiah Bible Study Series captures Dr. David
Jeremiah's many years of commitment in teaching the Word of God. In each
study, you will gain insights into the text, identify the key stories
and themes, and be challenged to correctly apply the truths and meanings
you find to your own life. Sections include:
- Getting Started An opening question to introduce the lesson
- Setting the Stage A short reflection to explain the context of the study
- Exploring the Text The Scripture reading for the lesson with related study questions
- Reviewing the Story Questions to help you identify key points in the Scripture reading
- Applying the Message Questions to help you apply the key ideas to your life
- Reflecting on the Meaning A closing reflection on the key teachings in the lesson
Each of the Bible studies in this series will help you understand
what the Bible says--particularly in its original context--and how to
apply its teachings to your life.