If a personal relationship with God is enough to catalyze Jesus-followers to change the world, why do so many remain on the sidelines of their faith? Why aren’t more Christians investing in the
lives of others, attending church, giving sacrificially, and serving regularly?
Maybe it’s because more than 75 percent of Americans have a distorted view of God’s character,
and it’s undermining their ability to follow and rely upon him—to be the disciples Jesus calls them
Fortunately, there’s an effective way to change this view. Jesus modeled it through a process
that’s so familiar it’s often dismissed.
That model is friendship.
Jesus deliberately calls his disciples friends rather than servants.
Following his model, Friends of
God: A Discipleship Experience helps participants:
• Move from simply knowing facts about God to growing in a close relationship with Jesus
• See Jesus in action in everyday life through intriguing experiences designed to reveal
• Follow a natural bonding process to deepen their friendship with Jesus and one another
• Launch into their daily mission fields through intriguing, doable adventures in discipleship
Every kit includes:
• The Discipleship Experience Leader Guide
• The Discipleship Diary participant guide
• Friends of God Session DVDs with training videos, 12 session videos, and a
• Promo and Session Graphics CD with printable promotional material
• Unheard Of, a feature-length documentary film
• Full-size samples of participant items, including Heart of Jesus Sticky Notes, a Friends of
God Glow Pen, Friends of God Go-and-Glow Lights, and three Jesus-Centered practical
guides: Help! How Do I Read the Bible?, Help! How Do I Pray?, and Help! How Do I Know