From the beginning of time people have searched for meaning in life, especially in times of turmoil and trouble. The Wisdom literature in the Old Testament has helped bring truth and understanding to people searching for answers for thousands of years. Dr. Efird grabs your attention in explaining how the Hebrews understood these scriptures, while also helping us to apply this great wisdom to our modern life.
Each study begins with an Introduction to Wisdom Literature (including an overview of Proverbs) and approximately 20-minute video sessions.
- Element 1: Job (3 sessions plus introduction).
- Element 2: Ecclesiastes (3 sessions plus introduction).
- Element 3: Ruth and Jonah (3 sessions plus introduction).
- Element 4: Esther (3 sessions plus introduction).
- Element 5: Song of Solomon, Daniel wisdom teachings, Apocrypha wisdom (includes Susanna, Bel and the Dragon, Tobit, and Judith), and Gospel Wisdom (5 sessions plus introduction).
Designed for Sunday School, small group, or whole-church study, Efird Bible Studies fit into today's hectic schedules. Preparation time by students or facilitators is not extensive. Ideal for busy pastors to lead or can easily be facilitated by laypersons, using the complete facilitator's guide. Course and session lengths can be tailored so each group can study at their own pace without long-term commitments.
The Complete Wisdom Literature study is 17 sessions, 5 participant workbooks per element, 5 11" x 17" full color promo posters, a complete facilitator's guide, and promo kit.